Acne is a common problem amongst teens. A lot of youngsters experience mild-to-severe outbreaks of acne on their face, neck, and back. Along with giving you pain and discomfort, it also gives you bad looks. Acne has rightly been said as a double-edged sword, because it gives you pain and leaves its marks on your body. One of the most common questions we are asked in this matter is “how to reduce acne scars?”.
Most of the times, scars gifted by acne are permanent. The more you touch or squeeze them, more populated they get, and lead to permanent scars on the affected area. Acne will go eventually, but the scars won’t. Following article gives you insight on how to treat acne scars naturally.
Why Get Laser Treatment for Scars or Medications When You Can Get Acne Treatment at Home
There are different medications available in the market to treat acne and the resultant scars. These medications are available in the form of creams, gels, serums, powders, lotions, and even tablets. Most of the times, these medicines are steroidal in nature, which means these can even damage your skin and worsen the matter. We have seen people get try numerous acne scar treatment methods, but in vain. Mind it, getting rid of acne scars is not easy!
Top Home Remedies for Acne Scars
Believe it or not, the best way to get rid of acne scars is in your home itself. To get a quick and long-lasting relief from acne and resultant scars, one can opt for different home remedies, for the best acne scar treatment lies in your home. There are different home remedies which are easily available at your home or nearby market. In addition to being extremely effective, these home remedies are safe to use.
These home remedies are so common that you might not have to look farther than your freezer, pantry, refrigerator, or local market. Not only these home remedies treat the acne and the scars, these even prevent outbreak in future and give you a glowing skin. Below are a few home remedies that can prove to be highly beneficial in treating acne along with the resultant scars. All your questions relating to how to clear acne scars get answered here.
- Take juice out from slices of a tomato and mix it with freshly-squeezed lime juice. Apply on the affected with help of a cotton swab. It lightens the acne scars and prevents outbreak of acne on the other areas of the face.
- Slice a cucumber and take some juice out of it. Apply on the affected area with help of clean cotton. Cucumber juice has properties to tone up the skin and lighten the acne scars. Regular and prolonged application of cucumber juice vanishes the acne marks eventually. It also reduces inflammation caused due to acne.
- Washing face with apple cider vinegar or applying it on the affected area with help of a clean cotton swab can help reduce the acne scars. Apple cider vinegar is a natural toner and tones up the skin, too!
- Applying sandalwood paste mixed with turmeric is highly beneficial to treat acne and acne scars. Not only it treats scars and blemishes, it prevents further outbreak of acne and brings glow to the skin. There are several products in the market with these ingredients in form of pastes, lotions, creams, etc. Regular and prolonged use of such products can give a clean and clear skin.
- Rubbing ice on the acne prevents aggravation and pain thereby tightening the skin pores and preventing sebaceous glands to secrete oil. It also gives a fresh feeling and causes the skin to glow.
- Drinking excessive amounts of water is another method to treat acne and lighten the scars. Water flushes out the toxins from the body and aids in sloughing off the dead skin cells, thereby lightening scars and keeping the skin hydrated.
- Applying honey on the affected area helps reduce the acne and acne marks. Overnight application of egg whites lightens the acne scars and gives glow to the skin along with toning it up.
Mentioned above is the best treatment for acne scars you can have at home. However, there are several other home remedies which can help you prevent further aggravation of acne and reduce the scars given by acne. The best part is that these home remedies are easy and absolutely safe to use.